New things

God has been reminding me that He is with me always. Always...

Three significant ministers of God have told me similar things like that. The first word I received was that God is changing the course of my life a little but at the same time I should not fear, because Jesus is holding my hand and walking with me. The second word was received in a Ladies' Conference. The theme of this Destiny Conference was taken from Psalm 139:16 "Not in the hand of man but in the hand of God." We were asked to 'step in' to the river glory and to pick up a pearl which represented each of our destinies. When I was ready, I went forth. And into that 'river' I waded. There was a pearl, laid bare before me. It was just for me - it was my destiny. I picked it up and held it tightly; offered thanks to God, for He remembers me and He knows my destiny. The word that was released to me was that though the world may have abandoned me; but God, He never abandoned me. I thank God for that. Much as I felt that the world abandoned me, God just stood before me with opened arms...

From time to time, I do feel lonely. I realised that nothing can take away that loneliness; for it is meant for me to run to God. And finally, I received another comfort from my Papa in heaven. This pastor said to me: "You are not alone. You are not alone... And in times to come, you will know this even more. And He will put a smile on your face like never before... God is doing a new thing in your life." It made me realise how I felt deep inside that God had to assure me time and again. It's just a fact that I do feel that I am alone in this. Standing alone as the only christian in the house; walking back home alone after class; shopping for things alone; going to church and for cell group alone; praying alone; studying music alone... and the list goes on. But it is in these times that I grew so much closer to the Lord. It is in these times that God seems to be ever so close to me. It is in these times that I am able to reflect on life and talk to God about it... And it's just me and Him. You and me, Lord. Perfect! I realised how much more I need to love myself, how much more I need to care for myself; how much more I need to encourage myself, how much more I entertain myself. Ha ha. Yes... I makes jokes and laugh about it myself. Sometimes, even God jokes with me. His jokes are so much better!! It is being independent yet being able to stand on solid rock. The world around me may sway; but God does not change. He is ever the same, ever more loving. Furthermore, God is always doing a new thing, isn't He? I'll enquire further from the Lord.

There was a point of time, smiling seemed to be an impossible thing to do. It was just so unnatural to do it. At times, we missed out the simple yet essential beauty in life. It comes so easily as a gift; yet we need to guard it or else the enemy will come and take it away. I love the song Smile by Nat King Cole. It reminds me of the simple things in life that doesn't come free nowadays...

(http://www.box.net/shared/g4h0lfgnxm)

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile.

So, SMILE! =) Life is still worthwhile and all the more worthwhile with God in our lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terebinth Tree

Beautiful Mercy