The road not taken...

In life, it is such that we often have to make choices. We are free will beings given the authority to choose and make sound judgements. I have chosen a path that not many would choose. It's a road not taken. I've chosen to study music where to some, it may seem absurd. I've chosen to give God everything He has given me and even that may be ridiculous to those who do not understand. Like I said, I am who I am - is by the grace of God. I cannot be who I am without who God is. Through this many years of walking this journey of life, there were many choices I made, paths in which I chose to walk in it, lives in which intertwined with mine... There were times this journey was fun, exciting, convincing, colourful, spirited, passionate, glorious, rejoicing, wonderful, victorious and abounding in every sense. Yet there were also times where this journey was harsh on me, tiring, sorrowful, dark, depressing, deserting, defeating, rotten as if life is eating me up... But the greatest thing I've realised when I allow God to guide me is that, there may be so many choices to choose and to make, but when God guides me, I see a clear path that no man can hinder for He opens a road which leads to gloryland.

This road in which I have chosen isn't smooth sailing all the time. But it is the path in which I will walk in and continue to walk. Sometimes, I just know in my heart which path I should take. If you would just listen to your heart, you will know the right answer to life's question. To go against the flow... is something that is part of me. I don't go against the flow all the time; but I guess I often do go against what people expect of me. I don't like to be labelled or categorized. At times, I'll just colour out of the lines. Perhaps, it's typical for someone like me in the art stream to say something like this. But oh well, it is true. Life is much more interesting if you would colour outside the lines once in a while.

In many sense, life is like a beautiful picture. As we journey this life, bits and pieces of these jigsaw puzzles appears. Sometimes you'd wonder how are they connected and where do they fit. God holds the masterpiece. He reveals bit by bit, note by note, line by line and harmonizes this beautiful melody of my life with His magnificent chords. It turns out to be such a precise and spectacular composition. But it's not until I live it out, it will not sound, it will not reflect that magnificence. It is in this path I am walking in, which brings out the depth of this superb masterpiece. For it transcends language, form, style, time, space, knowledge and understanding as it breaks through barriers, differences, people, mind-sets, beliefs... This is what I call music! This is what I call love and passion! This is what I call God's masterpiece composed based on my life and being sounded in eternity by how I live this life here on earth. This is just the beginning of a new movement in my life...

There are 2 roads in which I am waiting to see it merge into one. 2 journeys which I constantly am on. Roads leading to a bright and glorious future. So, here I am waiting in anticipation...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terebinth Tree

Beautiful Mercy