* Light *

In the past month, I've experienced different things. New things as well as old. During one of the outreach meetings in church, I was exposed to rap music. Not that I've not heard people rap before, but I've not heard people rapping about God... not just that, but while rapping, I felt the presence of God. That made such a great difference. It brought out the 'light'. The two rappers stood up for their faith, separating the truth from lies; the light from darkness; the spiritual from the natural...

There's something about the light that causes it to shine even in the midst of darkness...
  • "The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?" Psalm 27:1a
  • "For You will light my lamp; The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." Psalm 18:28
  • "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

What do you think this LIGHT and LAMP refers to? When we gave our lives to Jesus, our spirits were joint as ONE with His. This light, is the light of God that enlightens our spirit. This light is also the Spirit of God.

  • For 1 John 1:5 says: "This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."
  • In Revelation 21:23, "The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp."
Before we knew Him, we were living in darkness and had darkness in us. But when we turned to Jesus, He lit up our spirit, enlighten our path and thus, showed us where we were and are heading. Jesus is our Lamp today. He turns our lamp on and directs our path. He makes known the hidden places amidst darkness. I heard this saying just yesterday, that in every GIANT, there is a weak point. In every problem, there is a weakness. All we need to do is to identify the weak areas, and take the giant down!! It's amazing how God sheds His light on us in the midst of darkness in this world; and shows us what it means to be a light to the world. It is going beyond head-knowledge, beyond what we feel inside, beyond just worshipping... but to ENQUIRE of the Lord. For then...

Psalm 27:5-6 "For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD."

This is what God will do for us. He will keep us safe in His pavilion; set our feet on solid Rock; and lift up our heads to the coming King. Also then, we will offer up sacrifices of praise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terebinth Tree

Beautiful Mercy