God = Love

For the very first time, I saw a rainbow in the western sky. I've not seen one since I arrived in UK. It was a big rainbow spread across the highway. It was lovely. As always, it reminded me of God's covenant. So did it remind me that I am His covenanted child.

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8

A simple truth like that can blow your mind when you realise that God, is love itself.

I've always heard teachings to personalize a scripture or a passage in the Bible to relate it with your own condition or speak something into being. One of the most famous passage read and quoted during weddings is from 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

So, replace the word Love with your name. Try it. Speak it aloud. Or try saying, "With love, I am patient, I am kind..."

After that, replace the word love with 'God' instead. It turns out:
"God is patient, God is kind. God does not envy, God does not boast, God is not proud. God is not rude, God is not self-seeking, God is not easily angered, God keeps no record of wrongs. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. God always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. God never fails."

Oh I love the last part where it says, "God never fails...". And that passage speaks of God's heart for all who believes and have known this Person called Love. Nothing, will be able to seperate us from His love; not even death. Indeed, He never ever fails; He will not fail me nor will He ever fail me unless I choose to fail. Even if I fail, it doesn't make God a failure. Because He reigns! He is my victor! And therefore, I am a victor in Christ!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terebinth Tree

Beautiful Mercy