The path that leads to life

It has been quite a while since I last updated my blog. October has been quite a busy month. It feels like life has started once again. My classes in Uni started, new time-table to get accustomed to, getting back into a student's life once again, learning to balance my time along with new commitments I've taken up since Summer, balancing work and studies, practising my Cantonese (which sounds really odd), getting my dissertation started, learning that it can snow in October... well with all these in mind, I attended 2 conferences and made a day-trip to Stratford-upon-Avon. I'm left with hardly any 'personal time' for myself but I make sure that there's always time for God.

New challenges I've faced this past few months - allowing the life of Christ to be revealed through me and sharing Christ to people around me. There were times I wished I could just abandon it all and go all out for God like the missionaries back then or just being in the dirt loving and hugging children whom their parents have abandoned... I may not be bold enough to hug a lost and wandering soul on the street but I could at least offer some food and shelter. Why should I even apply logic when God goes with the supernatural and impossibilities made possible? Why bother about the credit crunch when there are people dying out there everyday? ...I often wonder who and what I'll be if I were to abandon it all, break out of normality and logic; and allowing the fullness of Christ' risen body to live through mine - I bet I'd be a totally different person.

What a distorted world we live in that makes me sad because it has become so ugly without love. It hurts to know that there are lesser people loving and showing love to each other, living creatures and even the earth. Life in this world is full of pressure - unnecessary pressure. What is life if you're not in controlled? What is life when you can actually control but you choose to leave it as it takes you? We have been given the power and authority to command things into being. Power to take-charge. Power to speak things into being. Power to change the world. I do not want to stop believing in the power of love - where the power to heal and the source of life comes from. By believing in Love, you are believing in God. Simply because God is Love and also, He is the source of love. Where love exist, God exist. Where God reigns, love unleashes and prevails. Everything that births forth not out of love, is not of God. Everything we do that is not done in love and faith, is not done for God and neither will God approve. Quit complaining, start believing and give thanks. I do not want to live my life in vain nor do things in vanity.

To everything there is a time and a season under heaven. Man may plan his course but God directs his steps. A course is usually of a longer and further journey. Steps are usually small active acts of faith. Well, if one doesn't apply faith to his steps, he wouldn't even be moving isn't it? See how God allows us to plan our future; and as limited as we are as humans, we can only see our future from afar. But what God does is, He leads our steps. Taking one step at a time, living one day at a time... If we can't even see the 'step' before us, we would remain where we are until we can see a step before us. If not, it'll look like those scenes you see in the cartoons where the character falls to the ground because it wasn't even standing on a solid foundation. Another point to consider regarding 'steps': do you see yourself as walking up the stairs, or walking down the stairs, or even just taking a few steps on a straight path? How you see yourself and the path that you are taking shows which road you are on and determines where you are going. To my friends out there who are wondering when I'll be back, this is for you. The road I'm on is the 'road not taken...'. It's a long journey before I reach my destination. Therefore, choose ye this day, which road ye should be on. (Because it's a no-turning-back road which leads to life eternally!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terebinth Tree

Beautiful Mercy