You're still You

I thought something’s missing
I thought I’d lost it all
I thought I’d to start all over again
I thought I might not find what I’m looking for

Leaving you behind and praying that you’ll come
Wishing that you’ll never leave me but to stay by me
Hoping you’ll at least tag along so that I’ll feel secure
Am not willing to loose it all again... nor to loose you

But you came; you came along
You never left me all along
You stood by me and loved me still
You looked from afar and tenderly called me to you

Much as my fears may swallow my faith;
Much as my tears may fail to fall;
None of my fears became a reality
For my faith hung on and it grew.

You came; held me so closely
Ever so lovingly called me by name
How could I not realise that?
That you did not change, no matter where you are...

You came as you used to and instantly my heart recognized
It was that same touch; that same love;
And most importantly - the same person.
You’re still you after all.

I sat there reminiscing your love and embrace;
How love has brought us through...
Selfish was I to say that I’d rather die to remain in your love
But you gave me a better way to live in your love forever

Seeds of love are to be planted; and not put to death.
As long as heaven wills, it will remain on earth.
You and I are meant to be a seed of love that lives on,
Producing seedlings that are sown far and wide – for love knows no end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terebinth Tree

Beautiful Mercy