Finally...

Finally... I see the sun for the daylight; I feel His breath for the wind and He is here with me now. Spring is coming...

Sometimes I wonder, when will God call me home? Will it be sooner than I expected? How soon will it be? How would my loved ones take it? How would we part?

Often I imagine being in heaven with God and looking down on earth, also being part of the 'cloud of witnesses'...

I imagine myself, looking down at the funeral procession. Who do I see? What do I see? Who are the ones celebrating or who are the ones broken with tears? What will I leave as a legacy? What will people say about me? Will I achieve my lifelong dream by then? But... should I even leave these people behind? What will they make of me or what will they make of God? What will people make of life in such situations?

Will I leave behind a story good enough to be published as a book? What words of wisdom will I leave for those on earth? What will people remember me for? What have I done for God that is worth mentioning? Have I left a monument on earth that will cause someone to look to God? Will someone remember my music? Will anyone remember my piano playing? Will anyone remember my heart? Will they? Will you?

I do not know how long I'll be here; but this I know: I live each day for the Lord. I seek to live for His glory. Life is for living, they say. We've only got one life to live and therefore, live it to the fullest, live it for God! Life is short as God measure our days on earth. He knows the end from the beginning and He is the Alpha and Omega.

Psalm 39:4-5 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath." Selah

Surely, what is life but a breath. Heaven is the place where I belong. I wonder if it's only me which such thoughts or perhaps you have thought of it too... I know it's a very very odd post and probably disturbing to some. But hey, this is Charissa. Welcome to the real world! Sometimes I desire to live a long life. At other times, I would not mind going to heaven earlier. Yes it does sound selfish; and probably also the reason that holds me back from desiring a lot of things in life. For me, I feel that nothing beats being in His arms and beholding the beauty of His face... Also, nothing can take that desire away from our hearts from wanting to be with Him in heaven. It's meant only for God to fill and for us to seek Him. The moment everything else matters not; that's when you truly learn to live for God.

I want You, Lord! Let your goodness pass before me and Your presence go before me. One day, I know for sure we'll be together. This is my love letter to God =) ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spring is Coming by Steven Curtis Chapman

We planted the seed while the tears of our grief soaked the ground
The sky lost its’ sun and the world lost its’ green to lifeless brown
Now the chill in the wind has turned the Earth hard as stone
And silent the seed lies beneath ice and snow
And my heart’s heavy now, but I’m not letting go
Of this hope I have that tells me

Spring is coming, Spring is coming
And all we’ve been hoping and longing for
Soon will appear
Spring is coming, Spring is coming
It won’t be long now
It’s just about here

Hear the birds start to sing
Feel the life in the breeze
Watch the ice melt away
The kids are coming out to play
Feel the sun on your skin
Growing strong and warm again
Watch the ground
There’s something moving
Something is breaking through
New life is breaking through

Spring is coming (Out of these ashes beauty will rise)
Spring is coming (Sorrow will be turned to joy)
All we’ve been hoping and longing for (All we’ve hoped for)
Soon will appear (soon will appear)
Spring is coming (Out of the darkness beauty will shine)
Spring is coming (All Earth and Heaven rejoice)
It won’t be long now (Spring is coming soon)
It’s just about here (Spring is coming soon)

Click to hear the song: http://www.box.net/shared/ft6px3jvhq

Taken from Steven Curtis Chapman's new album - Beauty will Rise. Just a recommend site and article on to keep your heart pliable and burning for God: http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/music.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terebinth Tree

Beautiful Mercy