...till the last snow falls to the ground

The first snow arrived in November.

And the weather began to change.

Nothing has changed; it is still cold.

I open my eyes to find that everything has gone white.

There’s not a trace of footprints,

Nor a living organism in motion.

And I begin to hear the snow falling...

Variation of its fall is seen as it falls from heaven.

I do not find what I’m looking for.

Not a sigh, not a sound, not a breath…

In a moment, all I see is You.

You who made the heavens and the earth.

You who made rain and snow to fall from the sky,

And to water the earth.

So shall Your word be, You said.

Your promises will not return to You void;

It will accomplish that which You purposed.

I am waiting… I am still waiting…

How long will it take, my Beloved?

I long to hasten that which You have promised; but yet

I’d rather wait for the right time.

When the season changes,

I will find what I’m looking for.

I will be here, till the last snow falls to the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Terebinth Tree

Beautiful Mercy